Frequently Asked Questions

Why does my vehicle need to be at the pier several days before the vessel departs?

U.S. Customs regulations require that vehicles be at the pier for at least 72 hours (not including holidays and weekends) before the vessel departs.

Can I ship my leased vehicle overseas?

A leased vehicle may be shipped only with an original NOTARIZED letter (+2 copies) from the lien holder stating their permission for the car to be shipped overseas, together with the original title.

Do I need the original vehicle title in order to ship my vehicle?

Yes. A vehicle will only be cleared by U.S. Customs with the original title present.

Is my vehicle insured while onboard a vessel?

The steamship lines are only liable for $500 in damages. Separate insurance coverage may be purchased through our office.

Will the salt water from the ocean damage my vehicle if I were to use the RO/RO service?

All of the major vehicle manufacturers (G.M., Chrysler, Toyota, etc.) ship their new vehicles via RO/RO Carrier on climate controlled vessels.

Do I need to fill the gas tank?

No. In fact, due to U.S. Coast Guard regulations, only one-quarter tank of gas is permitted for RO/RO shipments. The gas tank must be completely empty for container shipments.

Can I leave my license plates on the vehicle?

We recommend taking license plates off the vehicle. License plates are frequently stolen as souvenirs.

Can I put clothes or personal items in my vehicle for shipping?

Only a jack and a spare tire can remain in the vehicle if it is being shipped.

Chat with Us
Kingz International Logistics
Kingz Staff

Hello there 👋

How can I help you?